- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain Top Secret
- At least 5+ years of experience developing project documentation in accordance with project phases (Initiating, planning, etc.) and Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) experience, including control reviews, and major and non-business case submissions.
- Extensive experiences and knowledge of the Federal budget planning, justifications, and reporting cycle and associated requirements.
- Ability to draft investment business cases for Federal oversight reporting, including justifications and other materials for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), specifically OMB’s A-11 IT CPIC concepts, internal Federal policies related to IT, and existing and emerging legislation, e.g. IT Strategic Plan, TBM guidance, Governance Performance and Results Act, Clinger-Cohen Act, IT Management Reform Act, FITARA, and the Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act.
- Experience with the development and submission of OMB Major and Standard IT business cases and understanding of the federal appropriations cycle, e.g. E300.
- Knowledge of and experience with budget and performance integration and Microsoft Project Portfolio Management tool for reporting and management oversight.
- Experience with the entire CPIC lifecycle to include: concept inception (pre-select); project refinement and planning (select); project launch and execution (control); and project measurement and improvement efforts (evaluate).
- In depth experience developing reporting and project/portfolio management artifacts and methodologies, e.g. Work Breakdown Structures; Business analysis; Cost-Benefit Analysis; Earned Value Management; Risk Management; Performance Measurement analysis.
- Experience establishing IT project plans by determining project purpose, objectives, technical approach, schedules, funding, and staffing – experience developing project plans, risks plans, and alternatives of analysis.
- Experience gathering and documenting business and technical system requirements, developing alternatives of analysis, and justifications for large Federal Operations and Maintenance (O&M) programs.
- Ability to create excellent written materials, documenting various processes in support of enterprise-wide IT deployments.
- Experience creating and/or adhering to Federal policies in support of enterprise-wide IT deployments.
- Experience managing IT project planning and execution by managing changes; reviewing open issues; communicating essential information to project team and stakeholders.
- Experience preparing briefings and other written materials for executives related to O&M and new IT project status collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Familiarity with State Department and the Managing State Projects (MSP) project cycles – Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- ITIL Certification or Lean Six Sigma
- Experience with Cloud services in the federal sector (Google Apps, Amazon, Web Services, etc.)
- PMP Certification
- Experience with Government financial systems and tools, such as iMatrix, Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS)/Global Financial Management System (GFMS).
- Foundational understanding of emerging financial reporting structures in the Federal government, e.g. Technology Business Management (TBM) experience or certification.
- CPA and/or MBA is a plus.
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9000:2008 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customer’s technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget.
SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce to complete any mission -- anytime, anywhere. It’s what we call Agency Anywhere®. SkyePoint Decisions delivers Agency Anywhere® by tightly integrating our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, remote access, collaboration, system & network optimization, device management and more) to provide our customer’s operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today’s on-the-go federal workforce to successfully and securely complete any mission – anytime, anywhere.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.